Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to the Finish Line

It has been awhile since I ran with the group at the Finish Line Running Store in Emmaus.  Even though it was blazing hot out, I decided to go with the group.  The temperature was similar to what I ran in in Indianapolis over the weekend, so I wasn't worried.

I was impressed by the turnout.  There were 8 people there.  I wish our LVRR group runs would get that kind of turnout.  We looped around Emmaus.  I ran most of the time with Mel from the Breakfast Club Runners group.

The weather actually wasn't too bad.  A storm was approaching, so it was windy and cool in the beginning.  So much so that someone's hat blew off.  It was good talking about various thinks from my health to trail running to other group runs and so on.  It makes the time fly by.

The pace was nice and comfortable.  I was a little worried that it might be too fast in the beginning, it never bothered me though.  We were running around an 8:30 pace and it seemed easy.  I hung towards the back of the group, not wanting to push it too much up front.  I might've been able to hang there, but I'm not worried about speed at the moment.

The first two miles were good, but the third mile was frustrating.  We had to stop at a light for quite a long time.  I kept my watch running, but I should've stopped it.  That's one thing I hate about running roads.  It was a good rest for the legs, although it was hard to get going again.

The time just seemed to fly by as it always does on group runs.  When we were near the stop Mel and another runners Aaron went longer.  I decided to go back with the rest of the group.  Running four miles was enough for the day.  I'm glad I chose that path as the storm hit right as I was finishing up.  To get a nice and round number, I ran a short out and back at the store.

The run was a good outing and my improvement continues to impress me.  I'm making so much progress and I'm not really even pushing myself at this point either.  I'm quite curious to see what I can do on Saturday's four mile race.  I'm not going to get out of my comfort zone early, but I'm thinking I might even be fastest enough to run under an 8 minute pace at this point.  Perhaps that is a little ambitious.  We'll see, I'm not going to force anything until late in the race.  I'm hoping the weather will be better too.

Tomorrow, I'm going to run alone.  Since there is a Nazareth baseball game, I'm going to that in the evening.  I'll have to get my run done in the morning.  I'd like to get up to some falls in Jim Thorpe for a trail run, but might opt just to stay local.

4 miles - 36:53 (9:13 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment