Thursday, October 22, 2009

Making the Most of It

Today was sure an interesting day. I planned on running on Temple's track. Once again, the token machine tricked me. I put in 6 dollars and wound up getting a bunch of change plus tokens. When I got to the track, I found it was closed. That meant I had to change things up. I decided to starting running back towards my place.

I ran down Broad Street all the way to Callowhill. It was kind of weird running through a ghetto area. Running on sidewalks was the weird part though. After going along Callowhill, I ran to the Art Museum and then along Kelly Drive for about a mile. I turned around and finished up at the Art Museum.

It was very hot once again. The heat got to me a little, but it wasn't too bad. My legs felt pretty good, but I had a nice blister. I ran with two handfuls of change from the token machine and that wasn't very comfortable.

I bought orthodics yesterday, but after experimenting with them, I elected not to use them. I was wondering why putting the old insole in felt funny on my right shoe. I loosened my shoe and it then fit better. When I got home, I realized that the orthodic was still in place in that shoe. I might try to use those now.

I didn't quite go the full 5 miles, but I ran well over 5 miles on Tuesday. The run wasn't very fast, but I was thrilled to complete it. I'm happy to have made it through this week successfully thus far. The 14 mile run on Saturday will be a big test. Today is one month from the marathon!

4.58 miles - 42:42 (9:19 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment