Thursday, June 28, 2012

Solid Group Run

This evening was the LVRR Group Run.  It was a little hot out, but we still had a nice turn out.  Including myself and the other group run leader, we had five runners.  It was a nice and comfortable recovery run for me after a tough week.  We ran a total of four miles.

Before the run started, we had two deer hanging out near the clubhouse.  That was cool.  I'm not used to seeing them in the Parkway.  They were just hanging out.  Because of them, we headed the other way and let them be.

We went to Robin Hood Bridge and did an out and back to the end of the path.  Since I have to start slow, I let the other group run leader, Akshay take command.  It was a comfortable pace, but I didn't feel great.  The food I ate for lunch didn't agree with me.  I was wondering if I even could keep running.

It was funny because it was an easy pace, but I struggled a little.  It was almost like my body was saying, "okay this is an easy day so we are going to go easy."  I hung back and stayed with a women in the back of the group.  She even passed me going up one of the hills, as I wasn't feeling good.

When we got to the flats, I got back in front of her.  I wanted to pull her along.  I was feeling much better as time went on.  I was surprised to see that Akshay took us over the Covered Bridge.  I thought we would be going farther.  It was fine with me.

The hills going back weren't bad.  I was finally feeling good.  I pulled the women up the hills.  As we were finishing, I decided to finish fast.  Akshay hasn't run much lately, so he had to walk a little at the end.  We finished up right around the clubhouse.

Jeff and another guy went farther as the rest of us.  I took some pictures of them when they finished up.  It was great to see because a few weeks ago Jeff struggled with the hills and I had to hang back with him.  Now, he ran well.

Our runs still aren't big, but we are starting to get some regulars.  Jeff and the other guy have been there before and even though Kelley couldn't make it, she's been there twice in the last month.  It is good to get some consistency.  It's much better than when just Akshay and I ran together a couple months ago.  I wasn't very talkative tonight, but I usually am.

This was a good workout for me.  I need to take it easy sometimes.  After two hard days, it was exactly what I needed.  Now I can bounce back and run well this week.  I'm going to an auto race in New York this weekend, so I'll be running there.  Lake Seneca is near the track and it should provide some beautiful areas to run at.  The Finger Lakes Trail runs along the edge of the lake.  There is plenty of room to run within the track too.  I also may run steps in the stands.


4 miles - 40:22 (10:06 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment