Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Skipped a Run

It might've been the first time I skipped a run due to laziness since I started training for my first marathon. I've been very consistent, but yesterday I couldn't get my 9 mile final speed session in. There are a few excuses why, but I really still should've run. I wasn't able to go to the bathroom after breakfast, so I passed on the morning run. In the evening after work, it was about to pour and was already freezing.

With the missed run behind me, I got back on track today. I actually considered doing yesterday's run, but as I hit mile 2, I felt pretty bad. It wasn't raining this time, but again it was pretty cold and cloudy in the morning. I elected just to go with the easy 6 mile route.

There wasn't any wind for a change. Other than me still feeling pretty bad, the run was quite easy. I didn't focus at all on my pace and I just cruised along. I came across a few cute females and pushed the pace a little around them. Overall though, I ran quite easy and in control. I turned around just after passing the second cute girl.

I wore a long sleeve tech shirt from the Philadelphia Marathon. That was actually too much, even in this cool weather. I was sweating quite a bit. I felt very sharp on the last two miles though as I finished up pretty fast. I'm definitely ready to go this weekend.

My Garmin wasn't working right today. It added about .09 miles to the run. I went to training a few seconds before my run and I'm thinking that distance might've been added without any timing. That's the only thing that makes sense, unless the watch just wasn't working right.

It would be nice to have some good weather, but as long as it isn't too hot or rainy, I won't complain. The forecast still looks good for race day. That is key. I'm getting impatient and can't wait for it to come already. Today feels like Thursday, but it is really only Wednesday. The weekend can't get here fast enough. I'm ready to challenge myself already.

Tomorrow is my second last run before the race. It'll be an easy 5 miler. I'd like to run the Ben Franklin Bridge to get in one last hill session. I work a tough 1 PM to close shift tomorrow. That should be interesting. I haven't used the foam roller lately, because I haven't been sore. I need to get back to that though.

6.09 miles - 46:24 (7:37 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment