Thursday, May 13, 2010

Second to Last Run

This morning was my second to last run before the marathon. It has been very difficult to get lately for these easy runs. I just want the race to happen already. I'm well prepared.

I started with a mile out and back on Kelly Drive. I then finished with the Schuykill Banks loop. I was very stiff early on. I think that's why I hate these runs so much, it takes me awhile to warm up. I ran most of the run at a very nice pace. I cruised along for most of it. The first mile was just over 8 minutes and that pace was actually perfect.

It still was a little chilly and my nose was running again as usual. The weather for Sunday looks nice, but allergy season sure could play a problem. I haven't had a run with a clear nose in a couple weeks. I can battle through it though. I'll take a Claritin on Saturday. Hopefully that'll help.

I didn't feel great during the first out and back, but was much better as the Banks loop started. I just never get tired of that short easy loop. It just always seems relaxing and easy. Before I know it, I'm back to Lloyd Hall.

My pace was a little faster than I would've liked for the last two miles. I passed a slower runner just past the turnaround. I sped by him and started going fast. Even though I slowed myself back down, it still ended up being a fairly fast final 1.5 miles.

Tomorrow is the final tune up run before the marathon. It will be a very easy 4 miler. I can't wait to complete it. I don't work until 4 PM, but I'll still probably head out pretty early in the morning. I'd like to run the Ben Franklin Bridge. For that, I'd have to drive over to the area. The bridge itself is nearly a 3 mile out and back.

5 miles - 38:36 (7:43 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment