Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Water Bottle

Today was my first run of the week. I went out and did a 3 mile run which included the always tough Lemon Hill. My schedule got screwed up because I wanted to watch an auto race late last night. Therefore, I didn't wake up until about 10:30 AM and didn't start this run until after noon.

It started off great as a running group actually happened to start just ahead of me by the Art Museum. They set a nice pace and I just followed right along for quite awhile. After a nice early downhill, it was mostly the difficult uphill portions of Lemon Hill through the rest of the first mile.

I pushed fairly hard on these parts. I brought my new hand held water bottle with me, so that made it interesting. It's a little uncomfortable, but not too bad actually. It'll take some getting used to, but I'll definitely start using it on the long runs. I stepped in a steep hole in the grass at the bottom of Lemon Hill. I'm lucky I didn't get injured.

The temperature was only about 70 degrees, but felt pretty hot. I'm not used to midday runs. I felt kind of sluggish. It was supposed to be raining at that point, but it wasn't.

I battled on and ran pretty hard. After running back from Lemon Hill, I came to the stop light to cross Kelly Drive near Boathouse Row. I timed it really bad and ended up spending probably close to 30 seconds there waiting for the light to change. I did keep my watching going and it certainly cost me quite a bit of time.

The route then went to the Girard Avenue Bridge and back to the end of Boathouse Row. I continued to push myself through this flat portion. I finished pretty strong and was out of breath at the finish. It was a great run though.

Tomorrow, I'll probably just do a 6 mile out and back on Kelly Drive. I'll be so well trained for this portion of the marathon when it comes around. I'm not sure if the road versus the pedestrain path will be a hug difference. I guess we'll see on that day. Tomorrow is back to the normal time schedule too.

3 Miles - 24:01 (8:00 pace)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting back into running. I wanted to suggest checking out the newest hydration system called the Body Bottle. It's a water bottle that straps to your bicep, so it keeps your hands free and doesn't result in anything bouncing around on your waist or back. The site for it is www.bodybottle.com.

    ReplyDelete