Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finally Taking It Easy

Today was a nice and easy, rather uneventful 3 mile route. After pushing hard the last two days, I backed off today. It was actually a really good run as I got into a nice rhythm. Even though I was going slower, it finally wasn't too difficult to do so.

The weather was a bit chilly and early on I was regretting wearing a tank top. The temperature wasn't too bad, but the wind made it much worse. Once I settled into my run though, things got more comfortable.

I ran a nice out and back along West River Drive. I didn't see a single jogger running my direction, so that made it much easier. I didn't get into any competition. At one point though, a cyclist came up from behind pretty close to me and startled me. It was my fault though because I was in the center of the path and not paying attention.

The one thing I don't like about slow easy runs are how the pace feels. Even though I really wasn't going that much slower than normal, it felt like half speed. The short three mile run seemed to take forever. It's funny because I hate going too fast, but also can't stand going too slow either.

Tomorrow will be a much needed rest day. My legs weren't too sore today and they should be able to recover even better tomorrow. Saturday, I'll be camping near Clinton, New Jersey with my family. There is a 14 mile bike race there on Sunday. That makes an almost perfect route for my 13 mile run on Saturday. I'll try to follow that path. Hopefully on Sunday, I'll get in an hour of walking.

It feels good to keep plugging along on my marathon training. I can't believe how much is still left, but at the same time, it's going down quickly. The half will be here very soon and the marathon itself before I know it.

3 miles (26:18 - 8:46 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment