Thursday, August 27, 2009

Steps

Today was a relatively easy run from Lloyd Hall to the Schuykill Banks loop and back. I also added in three repeats of the Art Museum steps. I planned on going a bit hard, but my body dictated otherwise.

I was sore and didn't feel smooth as I started off the run. All throughout, I felt rather sluggish. I felt like a cold was coming on before the run. That or my allergies are acting up after yesterday's run through the wilderness.

I still worked on keeping good form and not over doing. The way out wasn't bad, but on the way back things became more difficult. It's been a bit windy the last two days and today I encountered a head wind on the way back. That slowed me a bit and made me work harder. It was quite cool and felt like a fall day already.

Tomorrow is the usual off day with the long run on Saturday. This is the cut back week for the long run so it is only 7 miles. I might try to run some parts of the marathon course that I'm not used to. In other marathon related news, I'm now done reading my fourth book on running a marathon. I'll grab some more at the library too.

24:41 (8.04 pace - 3.06 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment