Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Shoes

Today was my first run in my new shoes. I ran a short three mile route. I've been getting a little tired of the same routes, so I added Lemon Hill in with Kelly Drive. That made for some challenging hills as well.

I didn't run all that hard. We're in the middle of a heat wave and even at 7 AM it was quite humid. It wasn't unbearable, but certainly not comfortable either. I didn't encounter any problems with the shoes. Everything went pretty well.

I didn't feel very strong, so I elected not to push it at the end. Right at the end of Kelly Drive, two women blew by me. I hope they were doing a tempo run or something because they sure were fast. One of them really surprised me too because she passed me on the right.

I was hoping to run on the beach tomorrow. I found out AC is having some type of airshow. I don't want to have to deal with any extra traffic. I think I'm going to opt for heading out to Forbidden Drive to run my 5 miles. That's an area I've been wanting to run for awhile anyways.

There is a lot more to Fairmount Park than just the river drives and I have to start utilizing other routes. That was one of the issues I had in the past, I often got bored of the same routes. Forbidden Drive should have a lot of shade too so that'll be a big plus. I'm not sure about mileage out there so I'll probably just run for like 42 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment