Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bright and Early

I think this is the earliest I've got up and ran thus far. I was up at 5:30 AM and off an running by 6:30. I finished just before 7. It's kind of amazing. I never thought I'd be able to get up this early, let alone run too.

Today was an easy 3 mile run (technically 2.9 miles) on the typical West River Drive out and back. Once again, I struggled with the bathroom issue. This time though, I started running and made it through. It was actually quite amazing how cold it is that early in the morning too.

I ran out fairly easy and felt pretty good. I worked on nice form and breathing out instead of in. Once I turned around, I really started to push it as I headed for home. I finished with a much faster out than back. That was great because that used to be an area I was struggling with earlier this summer. I felt like I was about to cramp up and instead of backing off, I pushed even harder. I didn't use my strong finishing kick, but came through the line pretty strong.

Tomorrow is a 5 mile run. I think I'll head up to the other end of Forbidden Drive and run the rest of the route. I'm curious to see what the Green Valley Inn looks like. Hopefully I get there and also get to see the covered bridge. It's an exciting new area to explore. I'm not crazy about the fact that I have to drive out there, but I'll do alright. I'll be going for another 5:30 wake up then too.

22:32 (7:46 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment