Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fast and Slow

Today I ran three miles. I started on Boathouse Row and ran the Schuykill Banks loop back to Lloyd Hall. I didn't get out there until almost 9 AM and by then it was very hot.

I wanted to work on my pace some so I decided to do a tempo run of sorts. I ran hard for about a quarter to half mile on two occasions, once on the way out and twice on the way back. It was good to get up some speed and I didn't struggle too much in between. I think it actually helps me go faster during the slower part of the run too.

After my first fast segment on the way back, I caught up to a cute girl. Naturally, that helped me run faster. I eventually blew by her. Some of the short hills were tough after that, but I still pressed on through them.

It was a good run and also a good first week in my new shoes. I've had some minor soreness, but no real problems. I'm still undecided though if I should use them for my long run on Saturday. I think I probably will. I plan on doing a 10 miler then after a rest day tomorrow. The run will likely consist of the loop plus some add ons.

After all my runs this week, I've been using the ab roller to strength my abs and try to trim down. By today, I was quite sore in that area. I'm not sure if it's from the exercise or some food I ate, but I'm getting stomach cramps now. It is most likely just from the food.

24:05

No comments:

Post a Comment