Thursday, November 20, 2014

Short Trexler Night Run

I was going to run all afternoon at Trexler (in between orders).  However, the winter clothes that I had with me would've been too warm.  Therefore, I headed home for the afternoon.

I was determined though.  My night order was very late at night, so I decided on a night run at Trexler.  It was just before 7 PM when I got there.

Once the sun set, it was near freezing again.  The temperature was 34 degrees.  I had on tights, a ColdGear top, fleece vest, gloves and a headband.  It was super windy and freezing at the start, but comfortable at other times.

There was a dog barking when I parked.  That was annoying.  I also had to go to the bathroom, but it is a far walk there, so I elected not to go before starting.  That was a huge mistake.

I borrowed my dad's headlamp, rather than use my own.  I'm not sure how good his batteries were, but his light wasn't great.  It was adequate, but a little hard to see.  At least the trail is relatively smooth.  My eyes were watering, so that didn't help my vision either.

I ran down the early hills and started up the first steep hill.  I was breathing a little heavy and it was kind of tough.  I knew I could run up it, but decided not to push it.  I hiked the final third of it.  There was loud music coming from my left.  It could've been an event at the zoo.  I have no idea what else it could've been.

I continued on, but wasn't feeling great.  I felt the bathroom urges come on during the uphills.  They would be gone on the downhills though.  As I neared the zoo extra, I saw two pair of glowing green eyes.  They were about the height of deer.

I continued through the rocky section and on to the road crossing.  I then headed up the long gradual hill.  My bathroom urges got worse and worse.  I didn't even make it to the first flat part of the hill.  I had to stop and walk. 

That ended my run.  I decided to turn around and just hike all the way back.  That was kind of nice, but a little chilly.

This was disappointing, but at least I got some miles in.  I might have to come back there before my night run there next weekend.  I can test it out. 

I'll be so busy with work over the next week.  I have no idea when I'll be able to run.  I'll run whenever I can. 

1.54 miles - 15:48 (10:18 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment