Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pre Thanksgiving Snowfall

I had a brief period of time for my run today, in between work sessions.  It was the first snow of the year and we got at least 5 inches.  I couldn't resist and I headed to Jacobsburg.

The snow was heavier earlier, but it was still falling.  I had on all my winter gear.  I was the only one in the parking lot.  I did see a guy walking his dog in the beginning.  There were some footprints and bike tracks throughout.

The scenery was beautiful.  I did the usual 6 mile loop.  The beginning amongst the tall trees was amazing.  I stopped over and over again to take photos on this run.

Some of the uphills were interesting.  The snow was very runnable, which is something I had been worried about.  That said, it did still slow me down.  I survived though. 

The singletrack portions of the run were a mess.  The snow was melting and it was slushy.  Luckily, I didn't get hit by any of the snow that was falling from the trees.

Even with frequently stops, I still ran the entire run under a 10 minute pace.  The powerline climb was quite the struggle.  I battled and battled up that.  I had to dodge a few fallen tree branches.

It was an eventful run, but definitely worth it.  There's nothing quite like running in the snow.  I'm hoping to do much, much more of it over the winter.  This sure was quite the early snowfall.  I will take my snowshoes out at some point too.

Tomorrow, is the craziest day of the year at work.  After that, I can hopefully relax a little on Friday.  I need to make sure to sign up for a 50k on Friday.  It sells out fast.

6 miles - 55:44 (9:17 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment