Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Decent Group Run

Throughout most of the winter, there haven't been many people at the Thursday evening LVRR Group run.  Now that it is light out and the weather will be getting better, I expect a few more people to come out.  That is what happened tonight.  We had 3 other runners in addition to me.

The weather still wasn't great.  It was cloudy and windy.  It was warmer than it has been though, so I wore shorts.  Since I had to stand around for some time before the run, I wore a jacket over my shirt.  I knew it would be too much during the run, but I didn't care.

This woman Tara, had been emailing me about coming for a couple weeks.  She showed up with this guy Jesse.  Another guy, Allen came as well.  It was about the turnout I expected. 

We all started off running together.  Tara ran with me for some time.  We chatted and I found out that she is running her first half marathon at the St. Luke's Half Marathon next month.  It is always fun to meet newcomers.  We ran together in the front of the group until the Hill to Hill Bridge.

I think the bridge slowed Tara down.  She dropped back and ran with Allen.  Jesse came up and joined me.  Him and I chatted and ran together for the rest of the run.  St. Luke's will be his second half marathon.  The Runner's World Half Marathon was his first.  Time flew by with all the chatting.

The pace was nice and easy.  I did have some soreness in my calves.  I think my form is different when I run slower.  I've run a lot of miles lately too.  I also was running on pavement, which I don't like.

When we were in town, it got so much warmer.  We were starting to sweat a lot.  Tara and Allen fell quite far behind.  We ran a fairly decent pace.  Our third mile was a 7:54 and our fourth mile was a 7:52 pace.

Jesse and I finished up and looped back to pick up Allen and Tara.  I ran a little farther and got to 4.5 miles.  It was a solid run and a good group.  Hopefully, they'll keep coming back.

Next week, I hope to try running the St. Luke's course with the group.  Maybe that can help make the group grow in the future.  I guess I'll see what happens.

Tomorrow, I'll probably take the day off.  After 3 years of not fixing my flat bike tire, I finally got around to doing that today.  I might ride tomorrow afternoon.  If I can get up and it is decent weather, I might run on Saturday morning with the BCR.  They are running on the Saucon Rail Trail.  I'll at least be running somewhere on Saturday.

4.5 miles - 37:58 (8:27 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment