Friday, July 13, 2012

Uneventful Run

Usually I have plenty to write about during my runs, but today's was pretty basic.  After a couple hard days, it was time for an easy run.  Since I was a little sore from yesterday's run, I wanted a soft place to run as well as relatively flat.  I opted for an easy out and back at the Route 33 Boat Launch.  The run was just three miles on the dirt trail.

I didn't get out until almost noon, but the weather was about as perfect as it could be for this time of year.  It was cloudy and cool.  I was still sweating during the run, but walking around was very comfortable. 

I started off and headed west under the Route 33 bridge.  This is a nice and peaceful wooded trail.  One section near the bridge is becoming a little overgrown.  I cruised along at a nice and comfortable pace.  Not much happened really.  I passed a few mountain bikers, but that was mostly it.

After a mile and a half I came back.  Somehow my GPS got screwed up after the turnaround.  I definitely didn't run the second mile as slow as it indicated, nor did I run the three mile as fast as it showed.  Overall, the data looks accurate as I finished up right where I started.  It was a very slight struggle with about three quarters of a mile to go, but not too bad.  I think this tough week has taken a little out of me.

I consider doing a few steep hill sprints afterward or even some pilates this afternoon, but I don't want to risk it at all for the Quadzilla.  Of course I've probably gone harder than I should've with running this week.

A couple of friends are in town tonight because they are running the Spartan Race tomorrow at Blue Mountain.  I am planning on meeting them tonight at the Allentown Brew Works.  That should be fun.  Tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to get up to run an easy two or three with the Breakfast Club Runners.  If not, then a rest day certainly won't hurt.  I'm working at the Quadzilla registration tomorrow as well.

3 miles - 28:25 (9:29 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment