Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Forced Run

Well today was another tough one, but I did make myself run.  I would've liked hill repeats, but it was simply too warm.  That would not have been a quality session.  Therefore, I waited it out until dark again.  I knew I couldn't do as much as last night.  I aimed for 3.5 miles around the neighborhoods.  It wouldn't be much, but I figured it is still better than sitting in.

I headed out after dinner.  I just wore a bright yellow shirt, as it was still warm.  I don't like wearing my visor, as I sweat a lot, but it is needed to hold up the headlamp.

I started from my house.  The plan was to just do the short loop across the street and see where I'm at.  Then, I'd wander around to get the needed miles.

I got startled by a dog after crossing the road.  My legs were so sore in the first mile.  They don't like pavement and felt awful.  Thankfully, they came around.

It was a nice night for sure.  Again, I had to avoid a few cars.  I decided to add a hill and a part that I don't normally run.  This was a nice and easy climb.  My pace was slow again. 

This is a new section of the neighborhood.  I thought I knew this area, but I guess I got confused in the dark.  I missed a turn and wound up in the old section.  I just headed back toward my house.

I got to the road and crossed again.  Since I was around 2.75 miles, I decided to loop around the parking lot.  Then, it was back up to my neighborhood.  I did the short loop to finish up at 3.5 miles.

It wasn't a productive run.  However, I got out there and got the job done.  A night of running is better than no running.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to run again.  Maybe it will be cooler.  I'll have to see.  I'd love to try the repeats.  I need to get back on to trails and save my knees.  That's for sure.

3.5 miles - 31:41 (9:03 pace) 73 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment