Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Changing the Route

I struggled to get out there again yesterday.  I used the rain as an excuse.  I raked leaves this afternoon, so I ran in the dark today.  I am able to at least push myself out the door for less than an hour of road running.  Even if I don't enjoy it, it is over quick.

It's still warmer than it should be this time of year.  Again, I wore my light jacket and visor.  I was soaked by the end of the run.  Cooler weather will be nice.

At times, I've run with a decent effort on roads, since coming back to them.  Today, I ran more of a very comfortable and slow ultra pace.  It was nice and easy.  I was just looking to get a run in.  I figured I would go 5 miles around the neighborhoods.

I changed the route up tonight.  I ran through my neighborhood too.  That was pretty uneventful.  It's over a mile long, so I was 1/5 of the way done after that.

I ended up figuring out percentage done throughout the run.  I went over to the other neighborhood next.  Instead of the usual parts, I ran past an old friend's house.  I rarely go over there.  Even after that loop, I was less than 2.5 miles into the run.

I went back to the normal route.  I wasn't going to go very far though.  I got to a part where I normally extend the run, but instead, I made it a loop.  This was part of the Blue Eagle 5K course.  I realized that I'd be over 4 miles when I got back to the school.

I continued on.  There were a few cars and leaf piles to avoid.  Mostly, I was just alone and it was peacefully.  A few times dogs were barking, but I didn't encounter them.

I got back to the road and crossed the street to the school.  I had a little over 3/4 of a mile to go when I got to the Blue Eagle 5K finish line.  I went back to my neighborhood.  I did the regular loop there.  That wasn't quite enough to get me to 5 miles, so I needed the shortest loop there too. 

It was slow, although I went under 9 minute pace, but I got the run done.  Any running is better than no running.  I want to love running again.  I hope that will come back, but I'll try not to force it.

I hope I can run again tomorrow, but who knows.  It is supposed to rain again I believe.  I'd love to get to Tammany, as I haven't been there in awhile.  It is quite a trek for someone who isn't motivated though.

5 miles - 44:16 (8:51 pace) 26 feet of elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment