Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Easy Trexler

Today was an easy run at Trexler Nature Preserve, although there is really no such thing. I took the easier route south from the main building. It is still very hilly and there is no shade. I am better off than I was a few months ago, but I was still surprised at how much the hills bothered me on this 3 mile run.

Early on, I was startled on the trail by a dog. I'm not used to see people there on the trail, so at first I didn't even realize it was a dog. It was big and ugly and I was initially confused at what type of animal it was. It went back to its owner though and it was well behaved.

The hill up near Kids Peace is tough, but after that the path flattened out. A tractor was actually smoothing out the gravel road after the rain we've had the last few days. I was happy to see that the trail wasn't too washed out or muddy where I ran. After 1.75 I hit the turnaround. I love running here and the miles just seemed to click by. I struggled up the last hill a bit, but my pace was still solid. I ended up finishing before the road crossing, so I walked up the road to the main parking lot.

I finished up with 3 X 8 second hill sprints. They actually seemed rather easy. I forgot to do them yesterday, so I opted to tack them onto today's run. I need to do these more consistently to get stronger.

My groin was a little sore from last night's run. All in all, it wasn't too bad though. It got better as the run went on and I'm having only minor soreness now. Overall, it was a nice and productive run.

3 miles - 28:05 (9:22 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment