Monday, July 6, 2009

Stop and Start

I stayed overnight at my parents house after the Indy Car race. In the morning, I ran 3 miles around the neighborhood across the highway from their house. I did so, by running 8 minutes, then walking for 2 minutes. I did that pattern one more times before finally running for the final 12 minutes.

The walk breaks were a big help because I felt very sluggish. I tried to relax and took it easy throughout the run. I was planning on running a flat surface. The neighborhood that I ran through wasn't there yet back when I used to run. I thought it was flat, but there were actually quite a few hills. The run portion seemed like it started at the bottom of hills every time.

Early on, a young runner blew by me. I didn't challenge him though and instead kept up a nice pace. I'm going to stay healthy this time around.

All in all it was a decent day. I wasn't too sore after Saturday's run, so the walk breaks are a big help. I probably shouldn't have played some basketball today though. I might pay for that tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a bike ride. I still have to adjust my seat. Following that, I'll run 2 miles on Wednesday before taking Thursday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment