Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Close Call

I adjusted the seat and saddled in for a 40 minute bike ride today. Since I was strapped for time, I went hard from the start and counted that amongst my 40 minutes. The new seat positioning was a big help.

I got into a nice rhythm and kept in the same gear throughout the ride. That's one nice thing about the flat routes along the river. I went out to near the St. Joe's Prep boathouse and back. Even when I got to the final hill by the Art Museum, I just kept my head down and focused on pedaling hard.

I tried to work on relaxing as I ride, just as I'm looking to improve that when it comes to running. I'm trying to incorporate some of the same ideas into both.

After the museum, it got interesting. I went to pass a slower rider. She wasn't looking and apparently was going to cross the road. I cut over and near ran into her. She didn't see me at all until I startled her and we nearly hit. I probably should've yelled that I was coming, but I figured we were both going slow enough. People need to become more aware of their surroundings in busy areas. It's amazing how often they aren't paying attention and make drastic moves.

Tomorrow, I'll be back in Philly for an event so that'll be a big relief. It's a short 2 mile run before the camp starts. Thursday will be a much needed rest. I was pretty sore after sitting around watching basketball all day today.

Consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment