Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not Alone This Week

The Thursday night group runs are going to be lonely affairs for me.  Luckily, that wasn't the case this week.  Jeff showed up to run with me.  I haven't seen him since August.  I knew he was injured before doing a half marathon and hadn't hear from him since.  I figured he was having some issues.

Jeff did say he tried to stay active by biking and stuff.  He ran for the first time yesterday and got 3 miles in.  Since my quads were still a little sore from two days ago, I figured that if I was alone I'd only run the 5K course.  We decided just to do 3 miles.  That was good enough for me.

It seemed chilly at the start, so I put on arm sleeves.  I was sweating by the end though.  I couldn't believe how humid it was outside.  I wasn't running too hard either.

It was good catching up with Jeff.  We ran out to the Robin Hood Bridge and then into the eastern section of the Parkway.  That was good because I don't run over there too often.  The pace was slow for me, so my form was a little different.  My foot wasn't a problem though.  I think it isn't going to be a big deal.

I needed a nice and easy and relaxing run.  We went out to the road and were around 1.3 miles.  Time flew by.  I couldn't believe how quickly this short run went by.  We talked about running and football and before I knew it, we were back at the Clubhouse.  Jeff stopped there and I kept going to complete the 3rd mile.

It was already quite dark by the time we finished.  I considered taking a headlamp with me, but decided not too.  I will definitely need it in the future, especially when we set the clocks back.

We are considering changing the run around, but I'm not sure what to do.  It is tough to find a place that is lit without any traffic.  I know the new Wednesday run is starting and Mulhenberg College and running around there.  I'm thinking that the Bethlehem Steel area might be a good place to run.  Something needs to change because we aren't getting anyone out anymore.  Maybe a change of scenery would help.  We will be kicked out with the Lights in the Parkway soon.

Speaking of Lights in the Parkway, they began setting that up already.  I don't believe it starts until after Thanksgiving.  It was cool running around some of the figures while we were able to see them with the daylight.

I need more nice and easy runs like today.  It is has been a great week.  My body is enjoying the rest.  I'm not even sure if I'll run tomorrow or not.  If I do, it will be short.  The D1 cross country meet is at Lehigh, so I'll be there a lot of the day.  I wouldn't mind getting 3 or 4 easy miles in.  It may be better to just take off and prepare for my final long run on Saturday.

3 miles - 30:27 (10:09 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment